A refereed periodical issued by King Abdulaziz University (KAU) in the fields of Medicine and Medical Sciences and published by KAU Scientific Publishing Center. Original works, review articles, case reports, letters to the editor and book reviews will be considered for publication in this periodical.
Materials submitted should represent original works not previously published, not being considered for publication elsewhere and, if accepted, not to be published in the same form in any language without the written consent of the Editor-in-Chief.
The text should be clear, concise, and written in English following the Style and Uniform Requirements submitted to the Biomedical Journals (Br Med J: 1788-1770; reprinted in JKAU Med Sci 1991; 1: 91-103).
Manuscripts should be arranged in the following manner.
- Title (brief and specific)
- Author/s names, two highest academic credentials, and affiliations. If more than one author, affiliations should be given in the order in which the names appear.
- Abstract unstructured, not exceeding two hundred (200) words, which should be self-contained and intelligible without reference to the body of the text.
- Keywords. Provide three (3) to ten (10) keywords or short phrases to assist in cross-indexing the article.
- Arabic translation of abstract within the two hundred (200) word limit. For all numbers in the Arabic text, use the Arabic-Indic numerals.
- Main text. It is divided into the following headings section starting each on a new page: Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, Conflict of Interest, Disclosure and Ethical Approval
- Materials and Methods
- Provide company information (Company name, City, Country) for all products/devices used in your study.
- When using a statistical program, mention the version and company information (Company name, City, Country)
- References must be numbered consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text, and identified by Arabic numerals.
- For all references mentioned in the body of the text, place in brackets superscript inside the punctuation mark g., patients[1,3].
- Verify all references before submission that author/s names, title, correct journal abbreviations are used, year, volume and issue numbers are mandatory including page numbers. They can be checked through Entrez-PubMed http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query/static/citmatch.html .
- Table, Figures, and Images are placed after the Reference Section.
- Each table, figure, and image should have a short informative heading written above the table, below for the figure and image.
- Callouts for table, figures, and images are required in the body of the text.
- Each image should have a short informative heading under the image.
- To indicate scale on a photomicrograph, to include a scale bar as part of the figure.
- Bar graphs submit in color.
- Illustrations should be labeled clearly. Illustrations should be arranged symmetrically, in either portrait or landscape orientation. Before-and-after photographs should be identical in terms of size, position, and lighting. All illustrations must be accompanied by figure legends, to be attached at the end of the manuscript
- The color mode for digital art must be changed from RGB to CMYK, and the dpi or pixels/inch must be at least 300.
- All immunohistochemistry slides and all pathology slides must be submitted in color with the magnification size.
- Five (5) reprints per paper will be supplied.
- Materials and Methods
A signed author/s' release form, Prior Publication Certification, Assignment of any and all copyright, and Conflict of Interest Disclosure statement are mandatory along with the submission that is to be sent to Editor-in-Chief.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.